TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months
- Doctorate in Educational Administration from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Valid Missouri Certificate from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Minimum of three (3) years of previous administrative and/or supervisory experience
- Outstanding leadership skills and experiences
- Excellent communication, team-building and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and a calm demeanor for handling stressful situations
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict between various stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and needs
- Must possess excellent problem-solving, management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Provide three (3) letters of reference
- Include a separate listing of references
The Board of Education for the Webb City R-7 School District, Webb City, Missouri is seeking a highly qualified, fully certified, educational leader to serve as Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2024.
Webb City is located in southwest Missouri with a population of nearly 11,000. Webb City, an active community with a history of strong support for public schools, is committed to providing and nurturing family-friendly amenities. They are well known for their dedication to enhancing the lives of children and the Webb City R-7 School District plays a central role in fostering personal growth and motivating students daily, as they grow to their full potential.
The Webb City R-7 School District has a rich history of setting the highest achievement goals for students and maintaining strong links to families and the community. Our enthusiastic staff of nearly 700 comprised of teachers, administrators and support staff serve about 4,634 students, pre-K through grade 12, across 12 campuses. Partnerships with a wide range of community groups, a vibrant PTO and a school board committed to public outreach are all key elements in our school district's equation for sustaining strong communication and interaction with all of our patrons.
Webb City R-7 School District obtained five National Academic Achievement Awards in the past seven years, including Eugene Field Elementary as a National Blue Ribbon School and Harry S Truman Elementary as a National Title One School. Students on the Speech & Debate team, Show Choir and JROTC Rifle team are all nationally ranked. Additionally, the District successfully passed an $11 million bond adding several state-of-the-art high school classrooms, labs and E-Sports.
The mission of the Webb City R-7 School District is to prepare today's youth to meet the challenges of tomorrow's world by guiding all students in the acquisition of knowledge and the development of skills that will enable each to become a productive and responsible individual.
The Webb City R-7 School District boasts a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees:
- Medical insurance; a self-funded plan with a $600 calendar year deductible
- Life insurance; a $50,000 life insurance policy
- Retirement; 14.5% PSRS contributions with District match
- 403b contribution
- Employee Assistance Plan
- American Fidelity; cafeteria plan
2023-2024 Board of Education:
William Roderique- President, member since 1993
Lisa Robinson- Vice President, member since 2009
David Collard, member since 1990
Jeanne Newby, member since 2002
Stephen Crane, member since 2019
Dan McGrew, member since 2007
Jason Woodmansee, member since 2009
Closing date for applications: October 31, 2023
Interviews with the School Board: Month of November
School Board announces new Superintendent: December 12, 2023