Mexico 59 Assistant Elementary Principal Vacancy for 2020-2021
The Mexico 59 School District has an opening for an Assistant Elementary Principal for the 2020-2021 school year. Please read on to see more information on the vacancy!
Elementary Assistant Principal Position
The Mexico Public School District seeks an outstanding instructional leader who is student-centered to serve as the Hawthorne Elementary Assistant Principal for the 2020-2021 school year. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with strong leadership skills and be dedicated to meeting the academic, social, and emotional needs of all learners.
Minimum of 3 years of successful classroom teaching experience-Required
B.S. in Education-Required
Master’s Degree in Administration-Required
Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate-Required
Prior Administration Experience-Preferred
Reports To: Elementary Principal
Supervises: All personnel as assigned by School Principal
Terms of Employment: Eleven months including benefits according to Board policies
- Develops and leads elementary School Summer School program.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and communication of educational goals.
- Provides strong and positive educational leadership in organizing, developing and administering the instructional programs of the elementary school school.
- Promotes a positive culture for the school and assist the principal in setting the expectations for the students and all building staff.
- Manages specific academic departments as assigned.
- Utilizes data and test scores to identify areas of strength and weakness and communicates this information to staff for curriculum goal setting.
- Provides leadership in developing the necessary climate for change and growth within the school.
- Ensures all state statutes, board of education policies, administrative practices, and procedures, as well as employee handbook are complied with.
- Supervises teaching staff and programs in accordance with building and district philosophy.
- Responsible to ensure that staff and educators are following proper ethical standards and performing their responsibilities with integrity; holds those who fall short accountable.
- Assists in selection, assignment, orientation, and evaluation of all personnel for whom she/he has supervisory responsibility.
- Provides for effective and efficient day-to-day operation of school facilities that are conducive to a positive learning environment.
- Supervises students.
- Supervises student activities and events as assigned.
- Assist in supervising all professional, paraprofessional, administrative, and support personnel attached to the school.
- Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces discipline as necessary, according to due process rights of students.
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills and completes duties promptly and accurately.
- Establishes and maintains effective discipline in the school and promotes a positive school climate.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Assist in facilitating the process of developing building goals that are congruent with the district strategic plan (CSIP).
- Develops and demonstrates effective communications through regular staff meetings, weekly building communications, newsletters, and personal contacts.
- Develops and follows a plan of self-improvement which promotes both personal and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, dress, and appropriate professional manner for the work setting.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Adheres to effective safety practices.
- Adheres to all district rules, regulations, and policies.
- All other duties as required or assigned.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: Administration
Applications will be screened as they are submitted. The job will remain posted until filled.
The Mexico Public School District is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION Our School District Prohibits discrimination and harassment against employees, students or others on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, religion, disability by law in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.